Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

RETIREMENT TRIP #6
     AND SO IT GOES...    
                           October 2015                  
Scottsdale puts on a show for us before we leave the desert.
"Okay," said Andy. "Vacation is over and you are in charge of directing me to the airport."
MISTAKE!
But he didn't tell me which airport, and where we had stayed in Scottsdale wasn't on the Phoenix map.
"I'm counting on you.  We don't have a lot of time," he continued.
MISTAKE!
"What road do I take after Route #110?" he asked.
A double rainbow in the evening
promises fair skies for flying.
Desperately I scanned the map for airports and Route 110.
"To Phoenix Airport!" he asked, louder this time.
"I don't know. I can't find Route #110."
"Phoenix Airport!" he demanded.
"Oh, you go east, but the road doesn't have a name on this map," I told him.
MISTAKE!
Saying goodbye is never easy,
as another vacation visit comes to an end.
"No, I go west," he scolded. "You can't read a map!"
It certainly is not my greatest talent.  I freely admit that, and construction had caused traffic delays.
"You are going to get me lost!" he said.
Luckily for me, traffic eased slightly. Andy saw a sign that said Airport, three miles.
We made it.
But it wasn't Phoenix Airport. It was Sky Harbor Airport.
No wonder I couldn't find where I was, and I CAN read a map!
I gave him the directions for the car rental return, located the airport shuttle bus and checked us in.
Vacation Retirement Trip #6 was coming to an end.
We only faced the flight back home.
There are three states still on our NO RETURN VISIT YET list:  North Dakota, Alaska and Hawaii.
But no worries... we'll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment