Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Preparations

Sue and Andy leave on a coast-to-coast adventure.
And so preparations began: Like replacing all four tires on Little Red, checking the vehicle and making sure the 15-year old car could handle the stress, ordering medications that couldn’t be mailed to no mailing address, setting up a web site and learning about WiFi access, packing clothes for all kinds of weather, a variety of situations, and all in ONE suitcase. "Should we get quarters for laundry?" I asked. "No, but take detergent. And dryer sheets, I guess," Andy suggested. "How do we access money?" I wanted to know. "I'll learn how to use the ATM," Andy promised. "It’s about time," said the kids. "Can I take some books to read?" I asked. "Yes," said Andy, "One or two. You need to fit in a Saturn! What don't you get about “THERE IS NO ROOM IN A SATURN?” "How about my pillow?" I wanted to know. "FORGET IT!" he insisted. That's when I figured I had better cut down on the baggage.

1 comment: