Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Revisiting Old Haunts


"I guess shorts are in. I don't remember girls wearing shorts like that when we went to school," said Andy as we sat at the Starbucks on High Street at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. A few college girls dressed in shorts and sorority shirts walked by early Sunday morning. "But then again it's 82 degrees out. Now I feel old."
"Why? what do you mean?" I asked. We had spent an hour strolling around the campus and remembering our lives here 41 years ago.
"It's amazing how it hasn't changed all that much," he reminisced.
"Even though it is so different?" I added, totally understanding where he was coming from.
We left the campus two hours later, both absorbed in our own thoughts of the past. The memories lingered. Years at Miami University had shaped us both into the people we would become, and it was here that our paths crossed. It was here that our lives came together so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment